Happy Thursday everyone! I hope your week is going well! It finally feels like things are getting back to normal in the studio. I don’t know about you, but whenever I take any time off, it seems to take twice as long to get back into the groove. So, were you able to catch my Facebook Live this morning? If not, you can catch the replay here on my YouTube Channel. And while you’re there, please be sure to like and share my video and hit that subscribe button if you aren’t a subscriber. I didn’t get a chance to play with the May Paper Pumpkin kit until this week. What a cute kit!!! It really reminds me of the old-fashioned baseball cards, bubble gum included! But then, that’s what SU! Was going for! Lol
Here are the measurements for today’s alternate card:
- Card base in Smoky Slate cardstock cut at 8 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Real Red cardstock cut at 4” x 5 ¼” and 2 ¾” x 3 ¾”
- Card base from the kit cut both the front and the back of the card at 3 ¾”” x 5”
- Hint: to keep the pattern centered, cut 1/8” from top and bottom and from each side of the card front
I know my alternate looks a lot like the way they make it in the instructions, but I wanted it to pop more. And since the card bases tend to be a thinner cardstock, it just makes sense to cut it up and use it as layers!
I started by creating the layers from the card base and then attached the front to my Real Red layer. I added some adhesive to the back of the red layer and then wrapped around some of the white Baker’s Twine around it and then attached it all to my Smoky Slate card base. I then attached the baseball card to the Real Red layer and added it over the twine with dimensionals, which now come in a full sheet of our regular dimensionals in the kits. Next, I tied a double bow in the twine and added it to the card front with a Mini Glue Dot. The kit comes with the cutest red and yellow enamel dots, so I had to add a couple of them for my bling.
For the inside, I stamped the helmet in Smoky Slate, stamped off, down on the lower left corner. I stamped the sentiment from the included stamp set in Real Red ink and the DAD in Night of Navy ink, which is the color of the ink spot in the kit. I then attached it to the inside of the card.
The envelopes in the kit all have a cute striped lining, but I still wanted to decorate the outside. I stamped the helmet again, but this time in Real Red ink.
Here’s a look at the inside of the envelope:
Now for my treat holder. It is a match book style treat holder and it has two of the Mini Ghiradelli chocolates inside. Yes, the kit comes with bubble gum, but Charlie was here yesterday while I was designing it and guess who got it?? Lol So, Nana improvised! 😉 And thank goodness for Pinterest!
Here are the measurements for the treat holder:
- Real Red cardstock cut at 2 ¾” x 7 ¼”, scored at 3”, 3 ½”, 6 ½” and 6 ¾”
- Card base from the kit 2 cut at 2 ¾” x 2 ½” from the front and the back of the card and one at 3/8” x 2 ½”
I started by folding all the score lines and attaching the outside layers to the base. I stamped the white layer from the card base with the sentiment from the kit in Real Red ink and the DAD in Night of Navy. I attached it to the inside of the top flap. I then added two strips of adhesive and attached my two chocolates.
I closed it up and wrapped it with the twine long enough to tie a bow. To help keep it tight, I tied in a knot first, and then added the bow. That way it wouldn’t slip open. Then I took two of the die cuts and attached them together with Mini Glue Dots and then added it to the front with dimensionals. And of course, don’t forget that bling! Isn’t it cute???
And with such cute die cuts, I just had to create a scrap page. I have been waiting to scrap this cute picture of Charlie for the right papers and this kit came through! I actually cased my dear friend Carol Hickman after I saw her cute page. I did change it up to create a more Giants themed page.
Here are the measurements for my page:
- Basic White cardstock 12” x 12”
- Basic Black cardstock cut at 8 ½” x 8 ½”
- Basic White cardstock cut at 1 ½” x 1 ½” for the bases
- Photo Mat in Pumpkin Pie cut at 4 ¼” x 6 ¼”
I attached the black to the layout base so that it looks like a diamond. I then cut the bases and sponged them with Smoky Slate ink and added them to the infield. I then stamped three hats in Memento Ink on Pumpkin Pie cardstock and fussy cut them out. I added them to the bases with dimensionals. For the button on the top of the hat, I colored some of the red dots from the kit with my Dark Basic Black Stampin’ Blends marker and a couple of the yellow with my Dark Pumpkin Pie Blends marker. You will need to layer on the color to create the shade you want, but it works! I added my photo of Charlie to my Pumpkin Pie mat and added him to the layout. I then stamped the home plate die cut in Pumpkin Pie ink and the grandson in Tuxedo Black ink. I created that sentiment by masking the pa and then stamping the son. Love masking sentiments to create what I need! I added home plate with dimensionals and then the ball and bat on the bottom left and I was done! Easy peasy!!
Now if you would like to order any of the supplies I used today, just head over to my online store. I do have a two extra kits available if you want the kit, just reach out and I’ll get it you. Any $40.00 order or more placed online using Host Code CD7PJNBT will receive a surprise package in the mail as a thank you.
I thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have a great rest of your Thursday!