Love to Craft? Join my Dazzling Divas team!

Love to Craft? Join my Dazzling Divas team!

Hey everyone! Happy Wednesday! Did you catch my Facebook Live this morning? If not, no worries! You can watch the replay here.  I thought today was a good day for the Positive Thoughts stamp set, don’t you think? And I have to tell you, I had fun with this one!

Here are the measurements for my card:

  • Card base in Shaded Spruce cardstock cut at 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
  • Mint Macaron cardstock cut at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ for the inside
  • Sahara Sand cardstock cut at 3 3/4″ x 5″
  • Very Vanilla cardstock cut at 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ for the inside

I think this is one of those stamp sets that gets completely overlooked in the catalog. I know I did for quite awhile and even when I bought it, it sat on my stamp shelf for quite awhile too. Today I decided to dust it off. I knew I wanted to give this one a vintage feel, so I chose Sahara Sand cardstock for my stamping layer. If you’ve never created the distressed edges like this, I want to give you a tip; use your Aqua Painter with a little water and get the edges wet before you start working on the distressing. By doing this you break down the fibers in the cardstock and it makes it easier rough up the edges. You can use an old pair of scissors or a distressing tool. Personally I use a retired distressing tool from Stampin’ Up!. Scraping the edges with scissors is just like fingernails down a chalkboard for me, just can’t do it! So once you’ve got the edges torn the way you want them, you’ll want to add some ink. I used one of our Stampin’ Sponges with some Sahara Sand ink and just rubbed the edges and a little over the front of the cardstock. I love how it really gives it that aged look. After inking the edges, I stamped the leaf image three times in Sahara Sand ink, stamping off first. Then I added the butterfly, also in Sahara Sand ink and stamping off first. Then I inked the edges of the Mint Macaron layer and glued the stamped layer to it. I added a piece of Mint Macaron ribbon by cutting a piece about 5″ in length and taping the ends to the back of the layer. By adding the ribbon this way you can tie your knot and adjust it wherever you need to. I then glued it all down to the card front. Next I cut a label in Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped the dahlia in So Saffron ink on the left hand side, stamping off first, and then added the sentiment in Early Espresso ink. I added it to the front with dimensionals so that it straddled the ribbon. I added the knot at the left. I added some rhinestones, but wanted a little more, so I took my Wink of Stella and created a splatter over the card by carefully filling the barrel and tapping it on my finger. If you don’t want any of the ink to get on your label or card base, do this step before you glue the layers down.

For the inside, I stamped the dahlia again like the front by stamping off first, then stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso. I inked the edges of the Mint Macaron layer in Sahara Sand, glued the two layers together and added them to the inside of the card.

I love stamping my inside sentiments in layers like this, it just gives it such a one-of-a-kind look! If you would like to order any of today’s products, just head over to my online store. When you shop and use Host Code RS3TXFJP and spend $25.00 or more, I’ll send you a project packet with the supplies to create two of today’s project, including envelopes. Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

Supplies usded: