Hey everyone! How is your Labor Day Weekend going? We’re just hanging out at home and taking it easy and spending time with the family.
I wanted to share one of the samples I made from the new Holiday Catalog. The card base is Thick Whisper White with a mat of Soft Sky that I sponged with Soft Sky ink over a template I made of torn paper to create snow drifts. I then ran it through the Big Shot with the Soft Falling Embossing Folder to give it the snowing effect.
This little cutie pie is from the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set and punched out with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch. I used a Blender Pen and colored her snow suit using Pacific Point and Real Red and Smoky Slate on the fur. Her shoes and gloves were colored with Soft Sky.
I’m haven’t done a lot of coloring with Blender Pens, but I’m really enjoying them. I didn’t realize how easy it is to color with them. Yes, I know, late to the party again!! lol
How about her little igloo? I have seen others create one, so I knew I needed to try it. I cut a circle using the Layering Circle Framelits, ran it through the Big Shot using the Brick Wall embossing folder, cut it in half and punched out the opening using a circle punch. I sponged the edges using some Soft Sky and then shaped it a little to give it a bowed effect, and attached it with dimensionals. After that I added some Wink of Stella to give it an icy effect, which I am sad to say is hard to see in the picture. Then I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede and my card is done.
I hope you like my little Eskimo, I think she turned out really cute. I’m going to have to order some more Blender Pens because I see a lot more coloring in my future. Have a great Labor Day!
- Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Soft Sky
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Soft Sky, Pacific Point, Real Red, Soft Suede, Smoky Slate, Wink of Stella
- Stamp Set: Cookie Cutter Christmas
- Tools: Cookie Cutter Builder Punch, Layering Circles Framelits, 1 3/8″ Circle Punch, Brick Wall Embossing Folder, Softly Falling Embossing Folder, Stampin’ Trimmer, Big Shot, Stampin’ Sponges
- Adhesives: Fast Fuse, Stampin’ Dimensionals