Welcome to another CASE-ing Tuesday! I hope your week is going well. If this is your first time in my neck of the woods, welcome and be sure to join my email list here to keep up on all the scrappy news around here. So have you had a chance to visit the CASE-ing Tuesday Facebook Group yet this morning to see what we are casing (copy and share everything) this week? If not, here is a look at the sample and the sketch:
Isn’t that a cute card? I don’t have that die set to that creates all of those circles cut out that way so I tried to create something similar with punches. I just didn’t like the results I was getting, so I went rogue! lol
I decided to use the Sweet Citrus Bundle for my “circles” and the sentiment fit perfectly in a 1 1/2″ circle, so it worked for me! I used the Country Gingham DSP for my 3 3/4″ x 5″ layer and added it to a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Balmy Blue cardstock. This bundle has a hybrid embossing folder as a part of the bundle, which gave my pink lemons extra detail. I stared by using my Stamparatus, Stampin’ Up!’s stamp positioning tool. I stamped my rinds in Daffodil Delight ink, and then the flesh in Flirty Flamingo ink. I then placed the stamped images on the folder, placed the die over it and ran it through my Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Viola! I had my stamped, embossed and die cut grapefruit and lemon. I then stamped the flowers in Balmy Blue and the leaves in Parakeet Party inks and die cut them. The flower centers are stamped in Flirty Flamingo. I attached the fruit together with some Stampin’ Seal Adhesive and then added some dimensionals. I attached the leaves to the card front with Mini Glue Dots and then added the fruit over the leaves. Next I added Mini Dimensionals to the back of the flowers and added them to the card front. I stamped my sentiment in Balmy Blue and punched it out with a retired 1 3/4″ circle and added it with more dimensionals. I sprinkled on some rhinestones and added a bow in Linen Thread with a Mini Glue Dot.
The die that cuts out the fruit also cuts out a slice, so I added that to the inside of the card with Seal and stamped my sentiment in Balmy Blue.
And don’t forget to decorate your envelope! I first stamped the front with the flower images again because I really liked the dots around the flowers.
And since I had a piece of the DSP left over, I added it to the flap.
I had so much fun creating this week’s card! Now it’s your turn! Create your take on this week’s sample and share it with us over at the Facebook Group. You can create it just like the sample or change it up like I did. That’s the fun part of casing – you get to create it your way!
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope I was able to inspire you to get inky this week and share your creation with us. Have a great rest of your week!