Hello everyone, welcome to another CASE-ing Tuesday! I was excited to see that this week’s case is out of the Annual Catalog and something that we haven’t used since earlier this year. Here’s a look at the card we are casing today:

Sometimes when we’re going through the Annual Catalog, we get so excited looking at the actual product that we miss all of the great samples that are showing that product. This is definitely the case with this card. With it sitting on a bottom shelf towards the back, it can easily be missed. Remember the excitement when the Eastern Palace Suite was an early release last May? I think one of my favorite things of this set is the font they used for the sentiments. I absolutely LOVE that font! I really like all the elements to the sample we’re casing too, so I thought I’d case the card almost exactly as it is in the catalog. Here are the measurements of my card:

  • Card base in Tranquil Tide, cut at 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
  • Eastern Palace Specialty DSP cut at 5 1/4″ x 4″
  • Tranquil Tide layer cut at 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
  • Very Vanilla cardstock cut at 4″ x 3″

The Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper is gorgeous with all the gold foil embossed paper. I thought about using it instead of the pattern shown, but chose to keep as close to the sample as possible. I love how the suite has so many coordinating elements to it, like the gold foil stickers. I never did get the tassels, but they are still on my wish list. ­čÖé The sample shows the center of the circle cut with the 2 different center circle framelits, but I only used the larger one. Once I cut the outer circle framelit, I stamped the double circle in Rich Razzleberry ink, around the cut out, then I set down the gold foil flower sticker and trimmed the edges that overlapped the cardstock. Since I didn’t cut out the very center, I added another one of the gold foil stickers. To tie in the Rich Razzleberry, I added one of the Glitter Enamel Dots to the the center and then stamped the sentiment. Note to self: be sure your ink pad isn’t real juicy so that the sentiment stamps clearer. I then adhered the Very Vanilla to the Tranquil Tide layer, then adhered both to the upper left of the DSP layer. I wrapped some Very Vanilla Baker’s Twine around the DSP and tied it in a bow, then adhered it all to the card base. I really like how it turned out. Close enough to be a full case, but just enough difference to show my spin.

Now it’s your turn to play. Head over to the CASE-ing Tuesday Facebook Group┬áhere┬áto see all the fun creations. If you’re not a member, that’s ok, just request to join, we’d love to have you and see all your creations. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a great Tuesday!

Supplies Used: