Hey everyone! Happy Wednesday! I wanted to share a scrap page I made for the October Sketch Challenge at the Scrapbooking Global – Stampin’ Up! Facebook Page. Here’s a look at the sketch.
I thought it was a good one to case. Here are the measurements for my layout:
- Base in Very Vanilla 12 x 12
- Title in Soft Suede cardstock
- Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP strips 5 cut at 2″ x 6″
- Soft Suede cardstock cut at 2 1/4″ x 6″ and 4 1/4″ x 6 1/4″
- Journaling strips are 1/2″ wide
- Pool Party cardstock cut at 1 3/4″ x 4″
- Blushing Bride cardstock cut at 1 1/2″ x 4″
- Daffodil Delight cardstock cut at 2″ x 4″
I chose the DSP because of the pattern in the booth that my daughter and grandson are sitting in, and cut the strips and added the shadow layers. I then cut the title out and glued it down. Next I layered my picture on the mat and added my flags and glued it down. I then cut the strips and wrote my journaling with my Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker. I know journaling can be challenging, and of course it was for me, so I just started writing down phrases about these two faces. After a few minutes I looked at what I wrote and then glued them down.I then grabbed my medium daisy punch and punched out 3 flowers in Daffodil Delight and a 1/2″ circle in Soft Suede and added it to the layout. I really like how it turned out!
I hope you enjoyed today’s project. If there’s any product here that you would like to purchase, just head over to my online store. Don’t forget that today is the 24-hour sale on select stamps so be sure to check your wish lists and get them while they’re on sale! Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a great Wednesday!