Hello everyone and Happy Thanksgiving Week!! Are you looking for an adorable little treat holder for your place settings this week? Well, I’ve got you covered!! Isn’t he adorable? And it uses your favorite punches! I know I made one last year too for a craft fair I participated in, but I made a couple of changes. And the actual treat holder is made with a 6″ x 6″ piece of DSP. So get out those punches and and your scraps of cardstock and let’s get started! Here’s a look at the pieces for the turkey:
Here is what you’ll need:
- Lemon Builder Punch for the body and wings in Soft Suede cardstock
- Cookie Cutter Builder Punch for the head in Soft Suede cardstock
- Cookie Cutter Builder Punch for the beak in Crushed Curry cardstock
- Sprig Punch for the “snood” on the turkey in Cherry Cobbler cardstock
- Sprig Punch for the legs of the turkey in Crushed Curry cardstock
- Fox Builder Punch for the feet in Crushed Curry cardstock
- Circle Tab Punch for the hat in Basic Black cardstock
- Circle Tab Punch for the band on the hat in Basic Black cardstock
- Daisy Punch for the tail in Cherry Cobbler cardstock
- Googly eyes
Once everything is punched, just assemble the turkey. The hat band has a Gold Faceted Gem for the buckle. Now I know you don’t see much of the legs on the turkey, but I used them just to give a little length for the feet. When I was done with the turkey, I added him to a stitched oval in Whisper White to give the turkey more of background. I stamped the sentiment from the Falling for Leaves stamp set and flagged the ends, then added it to the turkey with dimensionals.
For the treat holder I used a piece of 6″ x 6″ piece of Country Lane DSP. Here’s how to create the “diaper fold” to hold the Ghiradelli Chocolate square. To start with fold it into a triangle.
Once it’s folded you want to fold up one corner like this:
Then the next corner:
Then fold the flap down:
Then add your chocolate and your turkey and you have the perfect little treat for your place settings. Isn’t that adorable?
I know it’s going to be a busy week for everyone and will be very short for me too. I will have my CASE-ing Tuesday project tomorrow and that’s it. I will be sending out my Fabulous Friday Holiday Project to all of those on my email list, so if you aren’t on the list, now’s the time to sign up! I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!