Welcome to another CASE-ing Tuesday! Can you believe it’s already March?!? Wow! Have you been over to the CASE-ing Tuesday Facebook Group yet this morning to see what we are casing (copy and share everything)? If not, here’s  a look at the sample and the sketch:

Isn’t that a cute card? I just love those snails! But since today the early release of the Butterfly Brilliance Collection went live, I decided to use that suite of products.

I followed the sketch for the bulk of my card, with the exception of the the smailler square layer and my sentiment tag. I chose Just Jade cardstoc for my base and a piece of the new Natural Touch Specialty Paper for the background layer. The paper has the look of balsa wood to me, but feels a little thicker then our normal DSP. It’s very deceiving to the mind! lol I chose my piece of DSP from the Butterfly Bijou DSP pack, trimmed it to the measurements and attached it to the specialty paper with Stampin’ Seal. Then I stamped the sentiment from the Peaceful Moments stamp set in Early Espresso ink on the specialty paper. Well….here’s where things went south. As I was adding the adhesive to the back, the ink smeared. Aghhhh!! So, I added a sentiment layer with a scrap of Basic White! lol Works for me!! lol Next I added a butterfly left over from when I was experimenting with vellum and heat embossing. The butterfly stamp is one large stamp with multiple butterflies on it. I stamped it in Tuxedo Black ink and heat embossed some clear embossing powder to set the ink and then cut them all out. So like the typical crafter who keeps everything, they were sitting on die cutting station. I simply added some of the Stampin’ Seal adhesive to the back of the body area and attached it to the card front. I folded up the wings to give it some dimension and then added some rhinestones.

For the inside, my scrap of Basic White measures 3 3/4″ x 5″ and I stamped the sentiment, also from the Peaceful Moments stamp set in Tuxedo Black ink. The sentiment is just one long sentence and wouldn’t fit on my layer, so I masked a portion to stamp one line, and then mask the other half and stamped it. Works perfectly! The butterly is a piece of the same DSP on the front, I just fussy cut it and added it with some Stampin’ Seal.

For the envelope I inked one of the butterflies on the large stamp in Early Espresso and stamped the flap. You can really see the detail in the image here.

Now it’s your turn! Create your take on today’s sample and share it with us over at the Facebook Group. You can create it exactly as the sample, or change it up a little or a lot, it’s all up to you! And if you’re not a member of the group yet, no problem! Just request to join – we would love to have you come and play along!

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

Supplies used: