Welcome to another CASE-ing Tuesday! If this is your first time here, welcome and be sure to join my email list for all the scrappy news around here. Have you been over to the CASE-ing Tuesday Facebook Group this morning to see what we are casing (copy and share everything)? If not, here’s a look at the sample and the sketch:
Isn’t that a cute card? I don’t have that bundle yet, so I decided to use the Dressed to Impress bundle. I figured since Mother’s Day is right around the corner, it was time to start on those cards.
I followed all the measurements that are listed in the sketch for my card. After I chose the piece of DSP from the Best Dressed pack of papers, I cut it to measure and glued it to my Blackberry Bliss card base. I then cut out the three stitched rectangles in Purple Posy. The sketch shows a banner with Baker’s Twine, but I went with a piece of the Silver Metallic Ribbon and colored it with my Purple Posy Stampin’ Blends Markers. I know we had issues with the Purple Posy ink pad, but when you color ribbon like that with the Blends markers, (Stampin’ Up!’s version of alcohol markers), I am perfectly okay without an ink pad!! I did the “cheater method” when I added my ribbon, which is to cut a piece just long enough to go over the paper and then to tape the ends on the back. It not only saves ribbon, but allows you to add a knot or bow more easily wherever you need to. In this case, since I knew I was adding the three panels, it worked better for me this way. So I taped my ribbon on, then glued the layer to the card front. I added my three panels with dimensionals and then created the die cut pieces to go on the panels. I stamped the shoe, perfume bottle and lipstick in Tuxedo Black ink and then colored the shoe with the Blackberry Bliss Blends makers and stamped the watercolor images on the other two images. I used Smoky Slate for the lipstick barrel and Blackberry Bliss for the tip of the lipstick, but stamped off first. The perfume bottle is stamped with Daffodil Delight, also stamped off first, and then I cut them out with the coordinating dies. I added them to the panels with dimensionals and then added the bow to the far left of the panels. For the sentiment strip, I had a scrap of Whisper White that measured 1/2″ x 3″, so I stamped my sentiment in Blackberry Bliss ink and flagged one end and added it to the card front. Next I added some rhinestones for bling and called it done.
I really love how that that ribbon turned out and the bow was the perfect touch!! Those alcohol markers are the greatest when it comes to coloring our embellishments! They match every time!
For the inside I glued a leftover strip of the DSP to the Whisper White layer and glued it to the inside. I left it blank to be able to add the sentiment later based on who I send this too.
Now it’s your turn! Create your take on today’s sample and share it with us over at the Facebook Group. The fun part of casing is you create the you want to! You can create it just like it is, or change it up a little or a lot; it’s all up to you! And don’t worry if you aren’t a member of the Facebook Group yet, just request to join! We would love to have you come over and play along!
Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you have a terrific Tuesday and get a chance to get a little inky. Take care!